3 solutions to use the ''SAMBA SERVER'' option

[​IMG]


3 solutions to have access to your Zidoo from your PC with the option ''SAMBA SERVER'' of your Zidoo device


First part


Here is my way to have the ZD_SAMBA available on my Network page.

It's not recommended because of the lack of security as we use SMB1, but on my private network I don't think it's a problem, plus the performance would be better using SMB2...

But so far all my video files and my test files like jellyfish are running without any problem.

Open ''Windows features''

Go to ''SMB1.0/CIFS files sharing support'' and activate this function

Reboot the computer

Go to the ''Network'' page and do a refresh if needed

ZD_SAMBA will appear and you will have access to your Zidoo and your storage units connected to it

Obviously do not forget to activate the ''SAMBA SERVER'' in the options of Zidoo


[​IMG]


That's it & that's all


2nd part


Here is another way to do it, it is proposed by Zidoo and by other members of the forum including McBluna who made a tutorial on his blog if I am not mistaken.

https://www.mcbluna.net/wp/

--------------

Here is my way to do this second solution.

But I have to admit that I don't know this solution very well and there may be a better way to do it.

Enter the IP address of your Zidoo device in the Network page of Win10 like this...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Press ''Enter'' and the share folder appears.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then you can make a ''Map network drive'' as you want

[​IMG]


--------------

3rd part

Alternative solution


Go to "File Explorer" and right click on "This PC"

Click on ''Map network drive''


[​IMG]

Enter the line : \ZD_SAMBA\Share\
[​IMG]

Click on "Browse"

Select "ZD_SAMBA\SHARE

[​IMG]

Click on "Enter".

[​IMG]


The Zidoo is available

[​IMG]
[​IMG]

That's it & That's all

See you soon 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Zidoo UI customization Z1000Pro/UHD3000

Widgets with Ht4.0