My private network at home

 [​IMG]



For those who read my threads and reviews generally know that I am very satisfied with the Zidoo boxes and can also read other threads of people who do not have good results and even sell their box because they are not able to see a single movie without having a problem...

I also regularly see on forums or social networks people wondering if their network/NAS setup will work with a Zidoo device regardless of the model... but there are many factors come into play that one person's experience will not be the same as another even if they had the same equipment.

I decided to add to my threads dedicated to Zidoo devices a section that will show my network setup and equipment.

this's my experience for what it's worth...

-------------

I am on Bell Canada with a Gigabit Fibe package.

[​IMG]

-------------

Here is the model of ethernet cables that I use with my installation, I have different length of cable of course.

[​IMG]

-------------

Here is a representation of my network installation
[​IMG]




-------------

My hard drives are old Seagate external drives that I disassembled a few years ago and used in my DS218J and in my Orico 9558ru3 with my old Zidoo X9S in 2017

[​IMG]

My Orico 9558ru3 not working anymore I just replaced it with a Synology DS418 Value.

[​IMG]



My 3 NAS are in SMB/EXT4 format and I have no protection enabled in Synology's software and I use them for storage and nothing more..

DS218J / jbod 2x8Tb
DS418 Value / jbod 3x5Tb + 1x8Tb
Personal Cloud Seagate 1x5Tb

[​IMG]



-------------

The router, my PC and my NAS are in the basement of the house connected by a CAT 6 rj45 cable (approximately 70 feet long) that runs....

[​IMG]

...along the outside wall and goes to the opposite side of the house in the video room on the 1st floor of the house connected to a D-Link DGS-108 8-Port Gigabit that dispatches the signal to my 2 Zidoo devices, my TV, and my receiver.

[​IMG]

-------------

With this equipment and the way I use it, I have no problem playing any video file format (which is compatible with the Zidoo of course).

For the moment the highest bit-rate I have had is about 95.7 Mb/s with a movie.

I use SMB and have never had a problem.

For those who like tests even if it's not representative of normal use, I tried JellyFish files and all the ones I have work properly

[​IMG]



This gives you an idea of my complete installation and not just the Zidoo next to the TV pictured on my threads

I hope you didn't waste your time reading my message and that it will help you in your choices.

See you soon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zidoo UI customization Z1000Pro/UHD3000

3 solutions to use the ''SAMBA SERVER'' option

Widgets with Ht4.0