My Synology...NAS SMB Tutorial

 [​IMG]

NAS SMB Tutorial


I am not an expert in NAS setup, my method is basic but works.

I have always used SMB with my Zidoo devices.

There are certainly better tutorials out there and I invite you to look on the internet for more information on all the possibilities Synology's DSM offers.

Thank you


----------

At the bottom of the page, there is a link to download the Zidoo tutorial which explains in addition to the SMB, the setting of your Synology with the NFS.

----------

let's start


Open "Synology Assistant" and start a search.

Your NAS will appear and double click on the one of your choice.

DSM of Synology will open

[​IMG]


DSM is open, click on ''Panel Control''

[​IMG]

In Panel Control click on ''File Services

[​IMG]

Select SMB and click on ''Advanced Settings

[​IMG]

In this window you have the choice to select SMB1 or SMB 2, it is your choice knowing that SMB1 is not recommended anymore

[​IMG]

[​IMG]


Then click on the tab ''Advanced'', check the following options and that's it for this part

[​IMG]

Click on ''Share folder'' and ''Create''

[​IMG]

Enter the name you want to give to your folder and a description, you can also uncheck ''Enable Recycle Bin'', click on next a few times...

[​IMG]

...To this screen and click on ''Apply''

[​IMG]


Your sharing folder ''TV Show'' is created

Click on ''Edit'', ''Permissions'', ''Permissions'' and check the box as shown on the image ....


[​IMG]

it is finished


[​IMG]

By going to the panel ''Network'' of win10, our folder ''TV Show'' is here, it is perfect.

[​IMG]

Then, you are free to modify / edit other options, there are many tutorials on the internet.

----------------


let's open HT4.0 and I will create a new source with the folder ''TV Show'' available on my NAS D418 Value.

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

I select the ''TV Show'' folder

[​IMG]

I enter the Username and password I use for my Synology DSM

[​IMG]

I am in the folder ''TV Show'', it is empty, I did not put anything in it

[​IMG]


Here is my way of doing things, hoping that I have not wasted your time and that it will help you.


One last thing, I disable the ''Hibernation'' mode of my NAS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zidoo UI customization Z1000Pro/UHD3000

3 solutions to use the ''SAMBA SERVER'' option

Widgets with Ht4.0